Monday, August 01, 2005

Raising the Stakes

What a day. The soldiers failed to locate either Jose or Pricilla in the village. They did find a pyre with a stake in the middle of it all nicely prepared for a witch burning should there just happen to be one. The peasants even dragged some pews out of the church fo the elderly who wanted to watch. Thoughtful of them.

Lord Thunderquark, while quite upset about his missing daughter, has started packing to leave in a bid to distance his other two daughters from the slightly paranoid villagers. He claims that if Pricilla is not returned to him within one month he will return and burn my kingdom to the ground. I nearly missed that last bit because i was falling asleep during his pompous speech and ranting.

Meanwhile i've heard tell that Von Snotgobblers troops are on the move again... heading this way. Really, the guy will never learn. I can't even remember why he hates me so... hmm... i think it might have had something to do with his daughter... or his sister. I'm not sure. To much wine tends to make the memories a little fuzzy.

Thunderquarks coach has mysteriously broken down... so being the gracious host that I am, I've offered him the use of mine. A fine looking contraption proudly bearing my family crest and regalia. I even suggested a shortcut though the forests to the east cos I'm just a nice guy.

An alchemist/wizard type fellow also showed up today offering to provide me all manner of technological wonders... in a fit of curiosity I offered him some space near the blacksmith in which to work. His name is Howard Glock. He's rather hard to understand actually... having a broad foreign accent and all. But I'm all for multi culturalism and stuff. Besides... if he fails to provide me with new toys I'll make him the jester because he talks funny.

No comments: